Customer Service Representative
We are looking for new talent to join our growing team as we continue to push the boundaries with our innovative global mobility solutions. We need committed problem solvers who have the dedication to take us to the next level and grow our brand on a global scale. We are on the lookout for self-starters who are comfortable taking initiative and relish in owning the customer experience from start to finish.
Our passionate and driven leaders work hard and dream big. That’s why we are the leading service provider in the global travel industry, assisting people in obtaining documents required for travel so they can work, live and visit around the world. We operate in a multinational, fast paced and dynamic environment where we strive to be the best in all we do.
We are proud of our people and are committed to promoting from within. Some of our best products and solutions have come from our innovative staff. We empower our employees to take charge of their own career path through our online learning and global management training tools.
We are committed to employing great people from all walks of life and recognize the value of diversity in creating a unique and rewarding culture that not only reflects our global footprint but the clients we serve. We are looking for people who want to launch their career with CIBT and be a part of our growth and success. We offer competitive individual health coverage and additional earning potential through our quarterly incentive plan.
Our Customer Service Specialist are responsible for providing best-in-class service to our customers through tailored solutions that meet specific customer needs. Our Consultants are the face of CIBT to our customers, acting as brand ambassadors by delivering service excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as first point of contact to customer inquiries, providing detailed information on available services in order to assist the customer in making informed decisions. Analyses customer requests and makes recommendations based on specific travel needs, ensuring realistic expectations that promote a dedicated customer base.
- Takes ownership of process and proactively communicates with customer; adapts communication method to align with customer needs, instilling customer confidence and building loyalty.
- Stays abreast of all product and system enhancements and regulatory changes.
- Understands travel document requirements; utilizes tools and resources to ensure efficient and timely processing. Promotes best practices and quality control, follows policies and procedures, and upholds standards of work to ensure compliance.
- Maintains customer records in proprietary database, utilizing system functionality to ensure accurate submission of data that maximizes productivity. Monitors own work and maintains updated customer profile through timely submission of notes, support documentation, and communications.
- Provides customer service and uses sales techniques to retain customers and educates customers about added-value products that may benefit them.
- Excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Perform multiple tasks and navigate systems simultaneously.
- Represent our values and high level of professionalism through consistently adhering to CIBT’s Standards of Work, teamwork and striving to meet department and personal performance measures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following competencies have been identified as critical for success in the role and will be referred to during the assessment, feedback, and evaluation process.
- Teamwork: working with people.
- Communication: presenting and communicating information
- Problem solving: analysing, writing and reporting, suggesting resolutions, understanding client’s needs.
- Organizing and Executing: delivering results and meeting customer expectations, planning and organizing.
- Initiative: taking ownership of customer relationship, seeking information, taking timely action.
- Adapting and Coping: adapting and responding to change, coping with pressures and setbacks.
- Expertise: learning our systems, products and process, staying abreast of regulatory changes.
EDUCATION / TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS or Associates Degree and two years’ experience or equivalent combination.
- Highly desirable: experience in high-end retail, travel, hospitality, or embassy/consulate relations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Fluent in English with strong communication and interpersonal skills: clear written and verbal communication with demonstrated understanding of communication methods and styles; articulate clearly and concisely in a professional and hospitable manner without jargon or complicated language. Highly desirable: fluency in second language.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills: adhere to deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances; handle high volume while maintaining excellent attention to detail; monitor own work and self-edit.
- Ability to problem solve; analyse information and apply expertise and provide solutions.
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and prioritize work accordingly. Self-starter with desire to show ownership and commitment to role.
- Proficiency with computer software, aptitude for learning new programs and commitment to data integrity.
← Back to search