re:3D is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
re:3D Inc.® is breaking through the current limitations of 3D printing to unlock new applications and growth markets worldwide. Gigabot, re:3D’s flagship technology, enables industrial strength, large format 3D printing at an affordable price point. With build volumes starting at eight cubic feet and a robust construction, Gigabot can print objects up to 30x larger than competing desktop models. re:3D’s customer base comprises an esteemed group of specialty manufacturers, engineers, designers, universities, and hobbyists in over 50+ countries around the globe.
Are you highly motivated, detail oriented, and creative? Are you up for a challenge, eager to learn, and looking to join an established and fast-growing company? If so, we're looking for talented and inspired candidates who are focused on teamwork, task completion, and quality assurance.
Houston's coolest 3D printing start-up, re:3D (re3d.org) is seeking assistance with our manufacturing operations in Houston.
As a mechanical engineer / CAD specialist, you will be responsible for aspects of the 3D printer component design, including preparing assemblies, coordinating written instructions and training others. You must also manage/ optimize our CAD repository and conduct quality assurance to ensure the efficient production of industrial 3D printers. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated team player who can work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and who is determined to create efficiency and ensure that printers manufactured are the best quality.
Part Time / Full Time position up to 40hrs/wk
- Mechanical component and assembly design
- Demonstrates attention of detail
- Works on multiple projects
- Establishes and maintains effective team relationships
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
- Designs detailed assembly procedures
- Report generation
- Trains production staff on new procedures
- Work closely with product engineers & customer support to troubleshoot assembly problems and support product development
- Experience with precision assembly
- Can provide references
- Thinks technically
- Has five (or more) years of experience
- Could teach us a few things too
- Is willing to learn
- Has an interest in 3D printing ('cause that's what we do!)
- Wants to work up to 40 hrs. per week between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. in Clear Lake, TX
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses communication & math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers and fractions and converting fractions to decimals and vice versa)
- Able to work well under pressure to output consistent, high-quality work
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 or more pounds
- Able to use light power equipment
Think you might be the person we're looking for? Please send us your resume and description of your mechanical background.If you're really technical savvy, you can send in a short video too.
Preference will be given for past manufacturing and 3D printing experience. This position offers part time / full-time employment with opportunity for promotion as the company grows.
← Back to search