Art of The World Gallery is looking for a part-time Gallery Assistant to provide support for our sales team. Working at the front desk and selling the art will be an important part of your job.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail. If you also have a background in art and/or sales experience, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, your goal will be to make our art available to home, offices and public places in Houston and all over the world.
In addition to the salary, the Gallery Assistant will have the opportunity to make commission on sales.
The Gallery Assistant should be available to work 10am-7pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays every week in addition to occasional nights and weekends for events.
- Help implement sales strategies
- Provide administrative support to the gallery
- Work events and assist with exhibition openings
- Maintain calendars and appointments
- Learn about each artist that the gallery represents and give tours to guests of the gallery
- Available to work from 10am-7pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- Experience in a Sales or Communications role
- General understanding of sales strategies
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Word
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- BSc/BA in Business, Marketing, Arts, Communications or a related field is desired
← Back to search