IT Business Support Analyst
ALTIVIA issearching for a passionate technology professional to join our team as an I.T.Business Support Analyst. This position is unique in that it willeventually participate in all levels of I.T. including help desk and LANsupport, communications support, systems research, ERP management, projectmanagement, requirements gathering, best practice development, Active Directorymanagement, VM support and video surveillance management.
The idealcandidate will be passionate about both technology and business with a constantdesire to learn and expand their skillset. Must be detail-oriented andhighly innovative.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot computer hardware, software & peripheral devices in a Microsoft networking environment.
- Work with employees to diagnose and solve hardware, software and printing issues either over the phone or face to face.
- Maintain wired & wireless network devices onsite and remotely.
- Aid in the support of windows based servers, PCs, laptops and mobile devices as well as Apple based desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
- Work closely with the I.T. Manager to:
- Determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network.
- Develop and document departmental policies and procedures.
- Learn about each of ALTIVIA’s businesses and the systems that support each.
- Gather user requirements and document functional specifications.
- Translate business needs to IT solutions.
- At least 2 years of technical support experience in a Microsoft network environment, including support for Microsoft Office products and operating systems.
- Good Microsoft Office skills. Specifically, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a variety of personality types.
- Can clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to follow-through and complete tasks reliably.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Must be detailed and organized.
- Must have good prioritization and decision making skills.
- Should be able to assemble a computer from scratch, and/or diagnose issues with ease.
- Should have familiarity with network hardware, and its configuration (e.g.- routers, firewalls).
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
- Must be able to pass a TSA security threat assessment (background check) and be approved for a TWIC card.
- Ability to work a 40 hour per week schedule Monday-Friday, with occasional overtime as needed.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time, both indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to work in a hazardous material environment.
- Must be able to respond outside of normal working hours in the event of an emergency.
Other Relevant Skills:
- Active Directory experience including GPO development and testing.
- Database management experience.
- SharePoint management and development.
- Software development abilities.
- Supervisory experience.
← Back to search