Communications Analyst for Online Education Startup (stock options possible)
We are an education startup focusing on leadership development. We have a great deal of exposure to business leaders across the country, including the CEOs of Four Seasons, Cirque du Soleil, Wachtell Lipton, Sullivan Cromwell, Intuit, Cleveland Clinic, Tyson Foods, and Sequoia Capital.
We need a Communications Assistant to help us put our best foot forward. This is a ground-floor, high exposure, learning opportunity for the right applicant. There is a chance you could receive stock options going forward!
In this position, you will provide support to the founder of our organization, learn a great deal about startups, prepare drafts and presentations for business leaders, and of course provide some administrative support to our team. Editing and writing company materials will be an important part of your job. In this role, you should be an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail. If you also have administrative and social media marketing experience, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, your goal will be to help ensure clear communication of our company’s message across all channels, and to make sure everyone is excited about our new company.
- Help implement communications strategies
- Provide administrative support to programs and internal teams
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, publications, social media posts)
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies
- Update databases and media lists
- Track projects and media exposure
- Facilitate effective internal communications
- Maintain calendars and appointments
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Proven experience as a Communications Assistant, Communication Specialist would be ideal, but not mandatory
- Desire to learn more about media relations and digital media strategies
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems is a plus
- Solid editing and researching skills
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications or a related field is desired
← Back to search