Early Talen Development - Houston, TX - Part Time TA Temp
Early Talent Lab Tech I
The Laboratory Technician works using general laboratory methods, techniques, equipment, and instrumentation in compliance with TestAmerica’s Quality Assurance programs and SOP’s, supports laboratory operations through general maintenance of laboratory and supply storage areas, equipment, instruments, and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Retrieves samples from Sample Control for analysis.
2. Performs sample preparation which may include, but is not limited to, a combination of the following methods:
- Aliquot samples
- Spike and trace samples
- Prepare reagents
- Bottle samples
- Prepare concentrations
- Liquid rack set up
3. Resolves discrepancies and anomalies to ensure samples are properly labeled.
4. Prepares general laboratory paperwork such as recording analysis results, tracking samples, bench sheets, and laboratory logbooks.
5. Washes laboratory glassware to prepare for next day’s samples.
- Currently enrolled in a degreed program. AA programs may be considered, but Bachelor or Masters Programs are preferred.
- Pursuing a degree in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Sciences or closely related field.
- Ability to work in some capacity throughout the year. This position will be a year round position with part-time and weekend schedules during the school year and the opportunity for full time work during the summer and non-school times such as breaks and vacations. Schedules are variable and will be dependent on what is mutually beneficial for the employee and company based on a candidate's availability.
TestAmerica, the largest environmental testing laboratory network in the United States, attributes our success to the professionalism and technical expertise of our people. We believe that each person contributes directly to TestAmerica’s growth and success. We have made a commitment to our employees to help them achieve both personal and professional growth. As the leader in the environmental testing industry, TestAmerica provides all the elements for your success.
We realize that our employees are our most important assets, and credit our success to our employees' innovation and dedication. Accelerate your future with TestAmerica!
← Back to search