At Ivy Scholars, you'll be part of a team that mentors students to achieve their dreams and reach their goals. In the process, you'll gain on-the-job project management training. In addition to providing test preparation and admissions consulting services, you'll supervise some of the greatest challenges high school students take on. Our students complete profile projects – 4 month long endeavors that demonstrate their advanced ability in their chosen major. You'll be responsible for guiding the success of five students depending on you to help them be all they can be.
Our writing department instructs high school students from non-English speaking countries in creative and analytical writing for the humanities. We aim to equip talented (IELTS 7+) and interested students with the skills they need for university-level writing programs. Our company has grown and is always looking for new writing instructors, especially those interested in teaching high schoolers.
Writing instructors work August 1-January 1. The program is split between time spent teaching through our Distance Learning program and time spent teaching on-site in Saudi Arabia. Writing instructors are assigned 5 students to work with over the semester, to help them develop their ability to express themselves in essay and narrative formats. Mentors also familiarize students with expectations and resources in US universities to prepare our students for their transition from the Saudi Arabian educational system.
- Help students develop their writing abilities
- Provide structure and guidance for student projects
- Ensure students develop an understanding of the culture of US universities and best practices for being a student
- Provide mentorship and support through the university admissions process
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Able to develop positive rapport with students
- Excellent communication skills with adolescents
- Determination to solve problems
- Initative to break down ambiguities in novel tasks
- Competence with standardized tests (SAT/ACT) is preferred
- Prior university admissions experience is highly preferred
← Back to search