Academic Coach & Tutor
At Ivy Scholars, you'll be part of a team of mentors who coach students to achieve their dreams and reach their goals. We create personalized academic strategy solutions for students 12-25. Often, these follow the same outlines: tutoring, test preparation, writing coaching, candidacy building for college admissions, and application consulting. Our mentorship-based approach distinguishes us from other providers of similar services.
In addition to providing test preparation and admissions consulting services, you'll supervise some of the greatest challenges high school students take on. Our students complete profile projects – 4 month long endeavors that demonstrate their advanced ability in their chosen major. You'll be responsible for guiding the success of five students depending on you to help them be all they can be.
Experience with teaching with the SAT, ACT, and SAT II Subject Test in Math is required. Your cover letter should describe your experience teaching these subjects.
- Provide tutoring in academic classes, SAT, & ACT
- Coach students to develop their organizational and time management skills
- Help students develop their writing abilities
- Provide structure and guidance for student projects
- Ensure students develop an understanding of the culture of US universities and best practices for becoming a top student
- Provide mentorship and support through the university admissions process
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Able to develop positive rapport with students
- Excellent communication skills with adolescents
- Determination to solve problems
- Initiative to break down ambiguities in novel tasks
- Competence with standardized tests (SAT/ACT) is required
- Prior university admissions experience is highly preferred
← Back to search