Kitting Associate for Meal Kit Company
Thanks for your interest! Please apply with your resume, a short paragraph explaining why you would be a great fit for the role, and your weekly availability.
Job Type: Part-Time, 12-20 hours/week (very flexible but prefer a few days each week for 6-8 hour shifts). Start date ASAP.
Compensation: $15/hour cash
What We Do:
We are lucky to live in a place with so many interesting global food options. For the rest of the country, it's a lot harder to find international markets and restaurants. Our mission is to make it easier to cook authentic international meals at home no matter where home is. We scour the globe for the best global dishes and hard-to-find ingredients. We then curate complete meal kits that inspire our customers to turn their kitchens into global cafes. Current meal kits include: Indian Butter Chicken, Pad Thai, Ramen, Burmese Curry Noodles, Argentinian Empanadas, Spanish Paella, Vietnamese Pho, Moroccan Shakshuka, and more! Check out https://takeoutkit.com/.
What We Are Looking For:
We're looking for passionate team members to help us create an incredible customer experience. You'll have the ability to work on one or more of our three core areas that all work together to bring our products to life:
- Kitchen: is responsible for packing bulk ingredients into individual portion sizes for each meal kit.
- Packing: places our finished ingredients into boxes and is responsible for presentation. They are the final quality check on all items.
- Shipping and Receiving: receives and organizes ingredients into storage and fulfills customer orders. Keeps track of inventory, alerting our procurement team of low inventory.
- Must be able to work 12-20 hrs per week during semi-normal business hours (MF 8am-8pm)
- Must have current CA food handlers card (or willingness to take a ~2 hour online class and certification).
- Must have reliable transportation to our facility in Sunnyvale, CA (101 and Fair Oaks).
- Must be at least 18 years-old.
Essential Job Functions:
- Repetitive use of hands for packing dry bulk ingredients into portion bags.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Experience in meal prep, catering, kitting, or food processing a plus.
- Ability and willingness to identify and voice improvements to our processes.
- Passion for international food and startups.
Why Work With Us?
- Relaxing work environment (watch Netflix/Hulu during your shifts).
- Extremely flexible schedule.
- Work with a passionate female founder on an interesting product.
← Back to search