On-Call Bilingual Receptionist/Cashier
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is seeking an On-Call Bilingual Receptionist/Cashier.
The Receptionist/Cashier is responsible for receiving clients, in-person and by telephone, and directing them to the proper program: cashier and mailroom duties. Must be able to work on an on call basis and work overtime when needed.
- Operates switchboard functions of computerized telephone system, records and selects outgoing messages, takes messages and facilitates communications between staff members.
- Assesses calls and transfers calls to appropriate program or staff members.
- Greets clients and visitors directing them accurately to staff members.
- Assures that all clients and visitors sign in and provide them with a visitor badge. Requires contact with staff, clients, volunteers and general public by telephone or in-person.
- Opens and distributes daily mail. Stamps out-going mail.
- Collects and accounts for programs service fees, collects in-kind and monetary contributions.
- Assists with processing the safe contents.
- Accepts all packages from FedEx/UPS etc. and delivers to appropriate recipient. Monitors UPS/Fed Ex log book to ensure all information is legible and accounts codes are provided for shipments.
- Provides backup for Support Services Assistants as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Support Services Manager, such as data entry, helping with various mailings, assisting other departments, etc.
- Contacts Building Services and/or Support Services regarding needing assistance with donations, room set-ups, deposits, or any facility maintenance.
- Assists with special organizational projects/events, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Purchasing and Support Services Director or team Coordinators.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bilingual, English and Spanish.
- Two years’ experience on computerized telephone system.
- Demonstrated success in dealing with a variety of people.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a polite, respectable demeanor in stressful situations.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Professional Appearance.
← Back to search