Updated on: 01 Aug 2019
- Assist the Story Editors in their daily production functions.
- Attend writer’s meetings and prepare follow-up notes.
- Proofread, revise and re-work premises, outlines and scripts.
- Distribute premise, outlines and script drafts and revisions internally and to network.
- Attend Storyboard pitch meetings; prepare and distribute follow-up notes.
- Proofread storyboards for dialogue and other changes.
- Generate dialogue re-writes for storyboards as necessary for Story Editor review
- Write “storybook” story testing document for Story Editor review
- Maintain and update comprehensive database and files of premises, outlines and scripts, including all drafts and submissions.
- Maintain and coordinate writing schedule, including updating and distribution of weekly script status reports.
- Coordinate freelancer writing staff schedules; communicate all meeting times and deadlines and schedule information to freelance writers
- Attend weekly production meetings and provide updates at meeting.
- Prepare, track and catalogue premise, outline and script submissions to network; track and catalogue network notes.
- Prepare “recording”, “animatic lock” and “as broadcast” scripts.
- Track and coordinate pickup lines.
- Act as a liaison between Story Editors/writing department and all other departments
- Alert PM/LP of any writing issues.
- Observe and report regularly to PM/LP on all production-related aspects of notes meetings.
- Two script-writing samples, at least one of which should be a children’s TV show script
- Vested interest specifically in preschool television writing
- Display proficiency in Final Draft, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast-paced production environment.
- Good time management skills; good multi-tasker.
- BA/BS preferred, or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excel / Data Entry
Writing / Content Creation
General Office Help
← Back to search