Seasonal Contact Center Representative - Spring 2020
What's cool about this job
Do you want to share your love of the outdoors and provide guidance, knowledge and authentic experiences to REI members and customers? Do you believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived? Join our Contact Center team as a Contact Center Representative and help our co-op create and maintain relationships with like-minded customers! REI Contact Center Representatives are the eyes and ears of our customers and members. This job will require multi-tasking, working with customers while using a computer to assist in research and resolution. Contact Center Representatives handle inbound customer contacts via phone and handle basic service calls supporting REI members and customers. Individuals in this position will work collaboratively with their peers and teammates at REI using strong written and verbal communication skills.
Our contact center team requires our part-time teammates to have a recurring availability of at least 2 weekdays and 1 weekend day. Additionally, our team requires all teammates to attend an orientation, sales and service training. Please see below for mandatory training dates; candidates will be assigned to one class and must attend all training sessions in their assigned class.
AM Training Dates:
02/13, Orientation: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
02/18 – 02-21 Training week 1: 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
02/24 – 02/27 Training week 2: 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
03/04 – 03/06 Training week 3: 7:00 am to 12:30 pm
PM Training Dates:
02/14, Orientation: 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
02/18 – 02-21 Training week 1: 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
02/24 – 02/27 Training week 2: 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
03/04 – 03/06 Training week 3: 4:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Please note, all job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Bring your passion and expertise
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for problem solving and the ability to apply service and sales skills to enhance the customer/member relationship by demonstrating empathy when resolving difficult customer situation utilizing de-escalation skills, critical thinking, creativity and problem solving skills to provide a positive resolution. The ability to navigate through various technology software to research and accurately resolve service situations is critical to the success of this position. Here are the skills we are looking for in our Contact Center Representatives:
- Previous retail and/or customer service experience
- Strong familiarity with computer software and programs - which includes, but not limited to chat and email software/ programs.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task using a computer, and ability to navigate through multiple screens
- Schedule flexibility to meet business needs including weekends & peak sales periods
- Ability to meet or exceed attendance requirements, providing reliable and predictable attendance
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately verbally and in writing
- Able to respond to customers over the phone, taking phone calls through-out their shift, up to 10 hours a day
- Has a passion for the outdoors, REI product and gear and applies knowledge in a manner that best serves REI members and customers
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
← Back to search