Public Relations Intern
The Kim Olson for Congress campaign is seeking highly motivated individuals who are passionate about electing Democrats up and down the ballot. We are looking for unpaid interns who will directly assist the Campaign Manager and Field Director in building a full-scale field operation in one of the top 5 congressional races in the country.
We are seeking a Public Relations Intern, who is full of creative ideas and eager to contribute on a large scale. The intern will gain visibility into the inner workings and aspects of the public relations field, provide concrete deliverables and learn from top to bottom.
Public Relation interns will be responsible for coordinating volunteers, conducting training on miniVAN, Hustle, and other field related software. Field Interns will gain experience managing volunteers, building public-facing events, and learning the fundamental aspects of how to win elections.
- Fully support company’s PR strategy and execute it in different phases
- Create and curate engaging content
- Communicate and build relationships with current or prospect clients
- Effectively utilize company’s social media and blogs
- Create and distribute press releases
- Assist in administrative duties
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Schedule, coordinate and attend various events
- Perform research and market analysis activities
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of the different social networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficiency at MS Office
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
About Kim Olson:
Colonel Kim Olson, Ret., is an Air Force veteran, farmer, and champion for public education. Kim is running for Congress to bring honest leadership at a time when leadership is in short supply. She is running to represent TX-24 which is one of the most competitive US House Districts in the country for 2020.
To learn more about Kim, her background, and why she's running, watch this short video: https://www.youtube.
Or check out her website: https://
← Back to search